Monday, March 26, 2012

Your Life Song Is Just Beginning

"Our whispers turn to shouting,
Our shouting turns to tears,
Our tears turn into laughter,
Which then takes away our fears."

- Second Hand Serenade 



There are nights like tonight, where I thank God for what I have & who he has given me,

How lucky can I be?


Boyfriends.

There are nights like tonight while I watch the stars in my boyfriends arms and just give into the world and all its beauty.
I feel the warmth of his skin as I lay on his chest,
His scent is a mix of Old Spice and chlorine.
He's usually warm, as you would imagine only Jacob from Twilight is,
But tonight he is cold, fresh out of the pool.

Ripped college sweatshirt,
Sweatpants and a sniffle nose to match.
I don't need anyone in the world right now but him.
And it feels wonderful as I give myself up to sleep.  

My baby boy.

My baby is a fatty,
His is 15 pounds; paws and all.
His name is Juju Bee,
He is my world and I think I can say the same for him.
Such a sweetheart.
So protective; a big dog in a hotdog's packaging. 

My baby snores,
And whines,
And ruined three pairs of amazing shoes..
But he's not family if he doesn't stress you out, right?
The look in his big brown eyes says it all.
I love you.
And I love him too.
If you so much as raise your voice at him,
He acts as if you just whipped him a thousand times.
I wouldn't trade him for the world.


Little brothers.

All the awkward little hugs I give him, whether playful or honest,
They mean everything.
One day he'll be all grown up, hansom as ever.
                                                     It's nights like these I will always remember.

"Can I have ice cream?"
"Hm..You'll have to give me a kiss."
"Really?"
"Yes."
He kisses my cheek and off he goes.
A healthy little boy, with ten perfect toes.
He brings tears to my eyes.
How can I take any of this for granted?

I dance with my little brother in my Xbox pajamas to all my favorite songs. 
Darling, slow down.
Don't dance to fast, 
Your life song is just beginning. 







No comments:

Post a Comment