Monday, March 26, 2012

Shatter the Mirrors

There were times,
Times when I go days without looking in a mirror.
If I caught a glimpse of myself, I would run to the diet pills, or reach for the make-up and think,
"I can't do this anymore."

There were times,
When I would shatter the mirror.

There were times, when I would wonder,
Why isn't anyone here?

I could see the scale numbers dropping,
Calorie intake decreasing,
And my ribs appearing.
But that is just a piece of me,
A piece to my broken mirror.

Baby, let me sleep through the static. 

I've always wanted to be a dancer,
They are so graceful. 
So alive. 
I've never had the chance.

So, I dance to my own beat,
I have the best sense of rhythm on the planet,
But was cursed with balancing problems from early on in my life. 
I'll jump, point my toes and smile to myself.
I can be leaping through the halls,
Or a professional dancer on a tour-De-dance.
I'm the happiest person alive.

These are just pieces,
Pieces to my broken mirror.


Shatter the mirrors in your life,
Because one day, you'll be sitting there,
Trying to look deep inside you wondering,
Are you still there?

No comments:

Post a Comment