Sunday, March 25, 2012

Listen

What is worth your time to listen to?
Think about it.

Keep thinking.

Is it not worth your time to call your aunt who lives 50,000 miles away from you?
Is it not worth it to listen to your grandpa's stories?
Is it not worth your time to hold your friend while she cries her heart out?

Think about it.

Because one day, your aunt will give up trying,
Your grandpa will pass on,
And the friend you weren't there for won't be around anymore,
Why?
Because she took her life...

I'm sorry.
 Is that too much for you?
It's the TRUTH.
And if you don't believe the truth, it's a possibility isn't it?
It is.


So what is worth your time to hear?

If you are awoken by the rain pouring down in the rain,
Do you go back to sleep?
Or do you listen?


Do you walk out side and sit down in it?
Do you sing in the rain?
Do you sing your freaking heart out?

Do you have boy bands blasting from your ipod?
Or do you have the righteousness of God's word pouring into your ears; into your soul?
Honestly, most of the worship songs are a little hard to take. 
I like some of it though.

What is currently on my ipod you ask?

Some of my favorites:
Jason Mraz - I won't give up
Safe and Sound, Ordinary Girl, So High  - Rebellution
The Cave, Little Lion Man - Mumford and Sons
I'm down for anything by Jack Johnson
I also have Martin Luther King Jr.'s - "I Have a Dream" speech.

Where is the Godly music you ask?
I'm not lying to ya'll.
I have it, just not my favorites.


What is worth your time to listen to?

Do you stop to listen to the two college kids on the street with their guitars?
Do you give them some money into the hat by their feet?
They could be the next best thing.
Respect the music, throw a dollar in next time.

Do you listen to the car keys soft jingle? Do you ever stop to think about it?
It's so beautiful. 

Do you listen to a baby's laugh?
It's magical.

Do  you ever listen to the coffee in the morning being made?
It's hypnotic.


What matters?
What matters the most to you?
Comment.


I'd love to know. 




No comments:

Post a Comment