Monday, March 12, 2012

It's going to be a good life, You & Me.



One of the best feelings ever is waking up to your boyfriend kissing your cheek and saying,
"Baby, wake up. It's your birthday!" While he puts balloons beside you.

On of the best feelings is when he pulls your hair back and braids it for you...
Because he knows you can't do it yourself.
You fall asleep to the rhythm of his hands moving through your hair on a warm day.
Over...Under...Over...Under.


"I won't give up on us,
God knows were worth it."

If you have never known love, your missing out.
Love can be defined a million ways, I know that.


But do you know what it is like to wake up to a 5 page paragraph about how incredible, beautiful, and amazing he thinks you are?

Do you fall asleep in his sweatshirt, still faintly tinged with his smell?
Old spice.

 Do you know what it is like to be scared half to death, in the hospital?
Your constantly throwing up, and crying but....
you instinctively reach for your necklace he gave you and feel comforted, even just a little, by the fact you know he's there for you.

I wear a key around my neck,
I never take it off.
He gave it to me for my birthday a year ago.

Do you know what it is like to be sick for homecoming, and  he comes over while your sniffling and in your sweatpants?
He dances with you...He lets you dance on his toes to your radio.

Some people say "relationships don't matter this young, you are just stupid and don't know what you guys are doing!"

Can you look me in the eyes and tell me he he doesn't love me?
Can you honestly look me in the eyes and say,
 "Leave him. Walk away and leave him."


Would your boyfriend say, "You cut yourself again and we are done."
Done.
I've been clean. 


What am I without him?
What happens when he was the better part of me?

Would your boyfriend stay with you if you were grounded for 3 months?
Would he call you every night?
When your crying on the end of the receiver feeling so damn guilty about him hanging on to broken ole me
Do you hear,
"Shhh....Shh Babe. We will be OK." ?

Does he get up at 4AM to take you to iHop?

One night, we were sitting on his couch..
He was playing with my rings on my fingers.
 He took one off and said,
"Will you marry me beautiful girl?"

Do you know what it is like to seal it with a kiss?
Do you know what that feels like?
 Do you know what it is like to have a belonging place?
I know my place, right there in his arms. 

Do you know the feeling of getting butterflies right before going out with him?
It has been 1 year, 3months and I get that feeling every time.

You ever had a date night?
"Hello?"
"Hey, go pick out a dress. Meet me out front in 10mins. I'll wear a tie."

You ever been taught to skateboard?
OK, it was an attempt. 

You ever feel your heart break a hundred times?
Every time he is dissapointed in me it hurts.
I try to make it better. 

"I won't give up on us,
even if the skies get rough.
God knows were worth it."


Have you ever been kissed?
Really kissed.
His hand behind your ear, that's my favorite thing.


Have you ever thought that maybe this boy will be your whole world?


Have you ever been dragged to a million action movies?
Have you ever seen a chick flick with him?

You ever tie dyed together?

Have you ever sat and talked about everything? And nothing?

We were on the top of a playground structure,
he was laying on my lap.
We were talking about the Bible.
We have different opinions on almost everything.

I asked, "How did we ever get together? What do we have in common?"


He is serious, and I'm a free thinker. 

 I pulled him backwards down the slide,
Jumped on him, wrapped my legs around his waist and kissed him.


How can you tell me not to love him?
How can you tell me he isn't absolutely perfect?


Four months into our relationship, he told me he loved me.
I couldn't say it back.

I'm not stupid. I'm not one of those people who after two days say, "I'm SO IN LOVE WITH HIM!! :D"

God. I hate that. But, who knows? Maybe  it was love at first sight?


Have you ever had a formal dinner together?

Have you ever pained his toes?

Have you ever looked up at the stars from your roof together?
Do you know how amazing that is?

Do you know what it is like to have his family fall in love with you too?

Do you know what it is like when his neighbors know your name?

Do you know how it feels to be in love?

How does it feel when he knows all of your secrets? All of your flaws?


Have you ever been dozing in his arms, while he strokes your hair and hear him say, 
"I'm so in love with you..."


How can you tell me this isn't worth it?

It's going to be a good life..



No comments:

Post a Comment