Friday, March 2, 2012

"You Jump I Jump"

I remember..
I remember calling you at 1am.
You were my last hope, my final push for the surface.
Maybe you could save me from myself.
That's a funny thought.
I was perfectly aware of myself.
It should be called,
"Saving yourself from the world."
Because isn't it the world that made me want to do this in the first place? 

I remember us crying,
"You jump I jump."
We told each other everything,
Everything the world had done to hurt us.
Every blow that ever hit us...
Every match that ever burned us..
Every boy who ever hurt us...
Every pill in our cabinets that we knew in the back of our minds..
Might one day kill us. 

So here we are now.
I've taken the beaten path, but somehow everything turned out smooth.
We took this road together, forever intertwined in each others lives.  
Now we are in this situation...

The worst part about going to this school,
Is that it is too far away from you.
I cried, and I cried.
And now I find out you tried to take your life.
...On Facebook. 

I promised you that I wouldn't let the world hurt you.
I can still hear the word's ringing in my ears..
"You jump I jump."
That's what you told me..


So that's what is going to happen..
You jump, your jumping with my heart in your hands.
you'll take all the love in my heart,
and you'll take all the hope from my eyes.

You saved my life, and I don't  have a damn idea how to save yours..

Don't jump.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment