Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dream Catcher

I lay in bed not more than five minutes ago,
staring at my dream catcher.

Dream catcher, dream catcher, save me from tomorrow.

Jesus was like a dream catcher,
His word is so simple, and we believe that it protects us from all our fears.
True?
True.

When I was a little girl I would stare at my dream catcher, count all the "bad dream" beads, and go to sleep.
In the morning I would wake up and count the beads,
 but I could never remember the number the night before.
And so it started over-and-over every night.

Everything is beautiful.
Like the way a baby laughs,
or a fire burns.
Memorizing. 

I wonder if Jesus had smooth feet.
When he carried me in the sands, when I saw only one pair of footprints,
Were his feet rough? Burdened? Untouched and Holy?


Dream catcher, dream catcher, save me from tomorrow.
That is what I always told myself before I went to bed.

Jesus, in a way is like my dream catcher.
He takes me in his arms and takes away the bad in an instant, 
I feel safe, I am somehow reassured that things will be ok.

Jesus,
Will you be my dream catcher?


No comments:

Post a Comment