Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Any where. As long as it always leads back to you.

 
Take me somewhere,
Any where.
As long as it’s always leading back to you.
Pressing my cheek to my cup, feeling warmth and letting out an even warmer smile.
I know you’ve been hurt, here’s what I’ll do.
I’ll get a little closer,
I’ll look a little deeper,
And help you find those things I love about you.

Your eyes change colors,
My eyes tell stories.
You’ve seen all my mistakes.
Now look me in the eyes.

I’d heard stories,
That didn’t stop me,
I know the truth.
But why don’t it haunt me?

You’re trying to run from that,
I know you’re done with that.
Silent movie,
That’s what we are.
No longer needing words,
That just makes things more complicated,
Like Inception.

I lay against you,
Seeing you,
Seeing the world,
My world.

I’d rather not look at the pictures I take,
I’d like to imagine that my smile isn’t crooked.
I’d like a camera that can capture the happiness I feel.
A perfect Kodak moment.

Let’s take a drive,
Seventeen hour drive to nowhere,
Each moment leads us closer to our place in heaven.

Maybe I should have been born blind,
Maybe then I would have a greater appreciation for touch.
I’m overly sensitive to touch,
Not desensitized like many may think.

So much of my life,
I’ve convinced myself was nothing?
Sitting cross legged and crying,
Writing all my secrets,
And then putting a match to them.
It’s all the same memories anyways.


Sing to me,
Let me dance on your feet,
Make me feel like I have given you a reason to stay,
When all I had given you in the past was reasons to run away.

Take me somewhere,
Any where.
As long as it always leads back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment