Thursday, March 29, 2012

At Least You've Got Your Eyes Closed..

Things get scary.
Lives are forever changed by the wrong doings of others.
People are hurting others; and you just let them.
People are hurting and you need to know it.
I'm getting hurt, I'm being shoved.
 
But, Hey. 
At least you've got your eyes closed.

People are walking by you, and it might just be the last time you ever see them.
I did a test once..
You've probably heard of that guy who commit suicide.

One day a man jumped off the Golden Gate bridge.
 When the police went searching through his house afterward, they found a note. 
It read:
"Today I will walk to the bridge. If anyone smiles at me, I won't jump."

I did a test.
I walked through the halls of school.
I did not talk, I simply walked.
No one smiled at me...

What happens now?
What happens to that kid who actually will go through with it?

I make it a point to smile at everyone I see now.

But this doesn't relate to you right?
Of course not.
You've got your eyes closed.  


A girl has beauty, 
In almost every girl I've found it.
Almost every girl.
I can't find it in me.

But don't we all feel that way?
Sometimes we look in the mirror, and can't find it.

Oh that's right,
We've got our eyes closed.

I love music.
Since I was 4 my dad would play his guitar, and I would sing along.
Sometimes I would fight him asking me to come sit down on the couch with him...
I'd perch myself on the arm rest like his canary; echoing the words he would sing to me. 
Cat Stevens, The Eagles, Simon and Garfunkle.
I grew up on them all.

This is how a childhood should be.
I chased butterflies with a net that had a hole in it..
Everything always escaped; like childhood innocence. 

You don't see it disappear.
Kids are having to grow up too fast to raise the younger. 

My mom teaches kindergarten; she buys crackers.
Not everyone on that playground would have a full tummy if it weren't for my mum.. 
I don't remember that part of my childhood... Do you?
It breaks my heart when I see the same child I just gave 4 peanut butter crackers to,
 Have to turn around and divide it in half for his sister a classroom down..
 

But, Hey. 
At least you've got your eyes closed.



No comments:

Post a Comment