Monday, March 26, 2012

The Places You Come To Fear


The places that you come to fear, may not even exist anymore.
You'll drive by an empty lot, old and worn down, but everything comes back to you.
Whispers in your memory.

The places you begin to fear,
Creep slowly into your mind.
You can be sitting in a classroom,
On a bench,
Or in a store.


I'm my own worst enemy,
This is the calm before the storm.

I'm just living in all my memories.

So now you become afraid of the dark, it twists your mind.
The clicking of the keyboard becomes fainter. Don't remember. Don't remember.
Everyday becomes a struggle like living in a therapy session.

Talk yourself  through everyday,
You try and convince yourself; try and convince yourself that no one is going to hurt you.
All you want to do is get away.
"Darling, walk quicker."

Dare you right down your thoughts?
Write them here and there on pieces of paper?
What if someone sees? 
What if someone reads?

I'm my own worst enemy,
This is the calm before the storm.

Have you ever woken up to the whispers?
Have you ever scrubbed your skin raw?
You can still feel those hands touching you, huh?
So.... I'm not alone.


The places you come to fear,
May be gone,
But you start to associate things with that place.
 A specific person,
A certain food,
A certain smell that will make you throw up.

You'll begin to see a man a block away from you and you automatically walk the other way.
Your scared... 
Aren't you?

All I ever wanted...
All I ever wanted was someone to just listen.

How numb do you want to be, Baby?
How far will you go to get out of your nightmare?
How thick will that smoke become?
How deep will you dive?
How will you ever survive?

I'm my own worst enemy,
This is just the calm before the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment