Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Wildfire

There is a bridge going nowhere;
Know where it leads.

You ever played with fire?
Lit a match?
Of course you have.

My body is a tree,
And the world keeps trying to cut me down.
But if a tree falls willingly in her bedroom...
Will it make a sound?

The only time I have control over anything,
Is when I write.
Most of my time is spent writing.
Because maybe if I acknowledge it.
It will go away..

Just maybe.

My heart is a wildfire,
When I scream no one is around..
No one is really listening anyways..
But if you are,
Could you tell me now?

My rings of age; sprung up from many trials,
Can be found on my wrists.
Neatly placed.

None were mistakes;
Just the people who caused them.

Knives were held to my face,
So I just lifted my hands in the air; signaling my surrender.
Why do you think trees reach for the sky?

The wind just blows right through me; never thinking anything of me.
What a mistake.
I shouldn't have let the world run right over me.

Fire dances up my spine,
Wrapping all around me until the only thing to put out the fire is a rain of blood.
It's a vicious cycle.
Because my fires never truly die..


The smell of smoke; especially that of a freshly lit match,
Makes my whole body awaken.
When that match touches my skin,
I feel like I can focus.

Even though my whole world has been shaken.

Do you know how sick this all is?
Sick.

That is the only word to describe me & you.

Wait.
Wait JustListen.
I have a question!
Who on Earth are you talking to?

I'm talking to myself.
I'm not talking to anyone.
I'm not telling my secrets anymore; I'm done.

I'm looking for the antidote,
For this rare tree disease.

I don't want to be:
 Ill,
Diseased,
Unwell,
Or morbid anymore.

I am a one woman wildfire. 
It's all this hate inside of me.
Who is coming to my rescue?
It makes me even angrier thinking of all the things I should have said to you.

I took the liberty of carving your initials into my tree trunk.
How many night has it been since I haven't gone to bed wishing I were drunk?

I'm suffocating everywhere I go.
Because you took away all the air.
Do you really think this is fair?

Children climb over me,
Snapping me out of my daze.
But my wildfire heart takes all the good out in a fiery blaze.

In the night time I am left with nothing,
Maybe a bottle of empty promises,
And the forgotten hopes of a better tomorrow.

My heart is a wildfire.
You knew how to lite it so well.

My wrists are just sawdust;
Chopped down by your disrespect for me.

My soul is this tree trunk,
If you knock, you'll find it hollow.

If you looked closely at my words,
You'd know that I don't want to see you tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment