Sunday, July 1, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup For A Cold Soul

I'm falling asleep at the wheel,
So I just kept smiling at all the insecurities of life.
While you are in the fast lane in front of me,
Ready to be done with me.

I need some chicken soup; chicken soup for a cold soul.

So I bundle up,
Because lately I've never felt so cold. 
I'm cold on the inside,
And I can't really tell you why..

I'm so sorry.
I'm giving up on today.

I'm giving up on today,
Forever & always,
And tomorrow.
I don't want to continue on drowning in my sorrows..

It was too much to take,
I was beginning to break.
So, I gave into you.

How did you pick your heart's broken pieces up?
Can you teach me how?

Five sweatshirts isn't enough.
I've thrown all my socks on.
But still the fire inside me is gone.

I'm sick.
Really sick.

I made some chicken noodle soup,
Hoping it would brighten my perspective.
But it did nothing but make me place my hands over my tummy; and up to rub my ribs..
All it did was make me feel ashamed.

So I prayed that I wouldn't make myself throw it back up.

If I die,
I hope that they connect the dots.
That way it will lead right back to you.

I stumble often,
And I fall even more.
I collapsed and had to tremble; pulling myself up by the refrigerator door.   

Do you think they make a soup for
Such
A
Cold
Soul
As
Mine?

Please don't listen when I say,
"Don't worry, I'm fine."

Did you really believe everything those people said?
Dig a little deeper,
I'll show you the real me.

My soul is cold.
I just wanted to feel something..
So I let you have me.

Run away.
Go ahead and write a "tell all" about me.
Of course, you think you know so much.
But you don't know anything.

I need some chicken soup for a cold soul..

My head keeps throbbing,
This world is spinning; though I'm not even moving.
I am shaking.

I was so sick of being strong...
And now I'm so weak I'm sick.

Am I confusing you?
Too bad.
Keep up.

They should invent a game.
Call it:
 Connect the Scars.

Do you think you're name would pop up in my life's mystery?

Suicide notes can be so..
Thought provoking.
Don't you think?

You'll try your best to dissect it.
But will you truly understand it?
Of course not.

You don't have all the pieces.

I know what you did.
You found a million and one ways to hurt me.

Don't let me go...

I'm drowning.
Maybe I'm suffering from hypothermia..
When you reached out to grab my hands,
Did you notice how cold they had become?

Promise me you will never say goodbye?

I need some chicken soup,
Because my thoughts are becoming bolder.
The look in my eyes is becoming older..
My soul is becoming colder..

I need some chicken soup for a cold soul.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment