Thursday, July 19, 2012

I'm Leaving On A Jet Plane

I'm leaving.
Just trying to find a way out of here.
Don't know which way to go.
But I'm leaving on a jet plane.

Smile for me.
There's a fresh pot of coffee brewing.
When the coffee's cold,
I'll already be gone.

I'll hit the road.
You hit the books.
And maybe we will see each other again one day.

Hold down the fort,
While I go out and find a better version of me.
Thank you for being so understanding.
But I'm leaving on a jet plane.

Close your eyes,
And search your heart for me.
I'll never be farther than a phone call away.

Let me go.
And babe, please be happy.
Why me?

I'll be back again someday.
But don't hold your breath.
I've had enough promises for a life time.
I know what it is like to have backs turned, and doors shut in my time of need.

I'm leaving on a jet plane.
Not sure which way to go.
You'll have to guess,
Just like in a traveler's game of Russian roulette. 

Don't tell me that you'll wait,
I don't know if I will be coming back.
Times are changing,
People too.

But close your eyes,
Search your heart for me.
When I close my eyes I remember that soft smell of beach on you.
I really will be missing you.


We will both wake up one morning,
Looking for one another.
It will hit us.
The other person is gone.

 Not for long..

I try really hard not to make promises I can't keep.
No need to wait for me,
I might not make it back from across the world like you expect me to.

I'm leaving on a jet plane.
I have my ticket in hand.
I don't want to hurt you,
What happens if you find out I've found another man?

Let me see you one more time,
Keep the love inside my heart warm.

You've got me beat on the troubles ahead that you will face.
Don't take my word lightly, but that is how I will tread.
I'm leaving on a jet plane.

I'll be standing at the gate,
I'll turn to face you, maybe next time I see you is judgement day.
Bundle up and let loose.
I hate that you have to go.

Where does this plane take me?
What am I leaving you to?
The adventures don't end for us here.

Smile.
Please don't follow me.
It may seem pretty far,
You could never get there in a cable car.

Spin the globe,
Think of me.
Think of the days when we won't have to worry about being worlds away.

Smile.
And if you ever want to find me.
I'll be missing you too..
Close your eyes, search your heart for me.
That's where I will always stay.

But today,
I'm leaving on a jet plane.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment