Saturday, July 7, 2012

Daydreamer

I am a daydreamer,
I just let my thoughts go without a word.
You can't see my insides;
You can't see how much it hurts.

It's not reality,
But I love what I have.
So please don't be startled when a smile crosses my face,
Or I laugh.

I'm lost in my thoughts.

Go to sleep little daydreamer.

I wake up in the morning now,
Crossing my legs.
I take in the sunlight; streaming on my face. 

I thank God that it is the warmth I feel instead of tears falling down.

I want a belonging place.
I want that place to feel accepted;
A place slightly tinged with love. 

It's funny how the places in my mind that scared me,
Now make me feel so safe.

I'm not always here,
But in the best kind of way.
This is the place where I really want to stay.

"Hush little daydreamer..
Hush..
Go to sleep."

I fade in-and-out.
I'm so sorry.
These kinds of things just happen to me.

I don't think I'm that dangerous.
I'm not a threat to the world.
Sometimes these things are just out of my control. 

It's all broken pieces,
Broken pieces of me.

Visions.
Puzzling thoughts,
& half completed memories.

These thoughts just consume and take over me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment