Thursday, July 19, 2012

They Forgot About Me

I was waiting,
It was just a waiting game for you.
Because you never showed up,
Even though you promised to.

You promised again,
And pretended to be sorry.
But I know you weren't.

I just held back tears and said,
"It's OK. You just forgot about me.."


I'm spinning.
No one is stopping,
Because they forgot about me.

I want so badly to push everything away,
Because no one ever asked me to stay.
I want to scream.
I didn't want anyone to leave.

Did I push you all so far?
Did you ever thing about how your decisions effected me...?

Obviously not.
You just forgot about me.   

I'm used up.
Misplaced,
Left in the corner,
While you wait for me to have a brighter perspective on life.

I think I'm addicted,
To believing that everything turns bad.
But who can really blame me?

I was forgotten you see.

Cars pull in,
Not one looks familiar to me.
Could it be?
Was I forgotten once more?

I walk on,
In a town where it is possible that I am easily recognized by people passing.
But a face like mine is easy to dismiss from your mind.

These thoughts,
They are constantly running through my soul.
I scream once more inside.
My name will one day me forgotten with time.

Don't forget about me,
And how much our friendships made me believe,
That maybe you wouldn't be the same;
The same as those people over there.

They forgot about me..


No comments:

Post a Comment