Tuesday, October 2, 2012

sHE BeLIEveD.

The walls are cold.
I am being pressed close.
My heart is strung out;
Freshly wounded.

There is a pang in my heart.
Could it be regret?

My body begs.
Fix me.

Look back at all the mistakes.
I'm ready to make some more.
Let go.

And I fall to the floor.

I see lights,
I feel a slight pain.
I look at my cuts and scoff with such distane. 

I shiver at your touch like a sinner freshly saved.
He is ok,
Because she lied.
I was supposed to be your bride..


You never tried to protect me.
Or maybe you did..
But I think it was only so you would not feel guilty.
I'm teetering here, baby.
 
"He promised.
He lied.
She believed.
She died."

Reality slapped me.
Literally, in the face.
For the blood;
I have a strong distaste. 

I feel no shame.
Because, I'm broken.
I know.
I only wish people would stop telling me which direction to go.

I have no other option,
I slip into the night.
I have no choice,
I can't put up a fight.

..And when all is not said, but surely done,
I look into the distorted mirror and wonder what she is running from.



1 comment:

  1. Reality slapped you...literally? I didn't know that reality was physical.

    ReplyDelete