Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sentimental Silence

When I ask if you want to play a game the first thing you ask is,
"What are the rules?"
And that makes me sad.
Because no one has ever stopped to ask me that before.

I am undecided on so many things.
How I feel about you.
What you must feel about me.
And every broken and twisted thing in between.

I'm like a radio caught in a tug-of-war of two stations.
I start on a pop station,
But slowly static takes over until country music blares for a few seconds.
It's a cycle that I don't care to break.

I just lay beneath my sheets, 
Lost in my thoughts.
Trying to find something poetic in nothingness;
Debating whether or not I should slam the radio into silence,
Or blast the madness into my ears.

You don't care about anything lately.
So why should that matter?
You don't notice a thing.
The way I look,
The way I act,

The way I am reaching out for a friend; no answers today.






No comments:

Post a Comment