Saturday, October 20, 2012

Don't Twist My Thoughts

I miss the days when she didn't wear so much makeup.
I miss the way her face was without drugs, alcohol, and so many boys chasing her.
And all I can see now is an old soul, who would rather not deal with me.

I remember when you would cry.
You didn't believe me.
I always told you that you were beautiful.
Did it take the world's approval for you to finally understand?

A shiver goes down my back; like a sinner newly saved.

My world turns,
Blanketed in darkness.
I wonder what my life was like,
Before I saw the sun.

Here I kneel,
I'm tired and weak,
Though my heart may fail.
My prayers I lay,
Before the Son.

Small in stature,
Feel my might.
My eyes burn with questions,
As bright as the sun.

There's got to be a world;
A world better than this.
My life would be so much better if I had never gone on that date I was debating to miss.

I would like to believe that I am beautiful.
I would like to think that I am not fat,
Or that I am worth it to you to keep our friendship persisting.

I would like to think that I am still the same person even though all my thoughts are twisting.

I promised you.
I'd always be there.
But I think you've forgotten me.

So,
Is it OK if I slip away?

I am that girl.

Would you expect it from me?

I'm, "Nice."
I'm, Sweet."
If you had to pick whose would be empty the next day...

Would it be my seat?






No comments:

Post a Comment