Sunday, June 24, 2012

What Do You See In Me?


It was still cool;
The clouds were still gleaming.
I was surprised to see so many people stirring in the early morning's hour.

I just needed to get away;
Escaping my thoughts.
But it turns out I was just running into them.

It's not my fault they shoved you across the tile towards me. 
Your friends looked at you like some kind of offering,
As if I would look up from my cup of black coffee and maul you.
I'm not a lion after a piece of meat.

I am a person you know. 

I'm not asking you to be my hero.
But that would be nice..

You sat beside me.
And you told me I had pretty eyes.
So I walked away.
You seemed to have on that pretty boy disguise.

I dug into my past;
There; where my memories didn't hurt each time I looked back.

I just wanted to be left alone.
Why couldn't you get that?
Maybe I was acting like a lion.
I was like a cat pinning down a rat. 

No one asked you to be nice,
I'm not a freaking charity case.
It's sad that wherever I go I feel so out of place..

You tried to make a conversation with me,
But I couldn't care any less..
When you pushed the bangs out of my eyes,
Couldn't you see I was a mess?


When you followed me,
And opened my door.
I asked you..

What do you see in me?"
 ...Because I don't even know what there is to me anymore..

No comments:

Post a Comment