Sunday, June 10, 2012

Last Bite To My Soul

You can find me in between the words I say,
All you have do is see the promises that you've broken,
And unravel the mystery which is my time that I have spent with you.

Our future seemed so bright.

You will find me one day, cold and at peace.
Look to the trees; find me with my grandparents.
Grandpa Leo and Grandma Cat dancing in the wind.

That's where I always knew we would one day be.

You will find me in a parking lot one day; reminiscing about my childhood.
I'll remember.
I'll remember how me and my dad would always get up early; just before the sun came up.
And we would go out and buy two-for-two dollar breakfast sandwiches at McDonald's.  
At the end of my little treat he would look at me and say, "Last bite."
It doesn't feel right to finish off a whole one anymore.
I always hear, "I love you. Can I have the last bite?"

Last bite to my soul.

You can find me now,
Answering to no one but my heart.
Even then, I try and ignore it as best I can.

You will see the fire back in my eyes;
Because I have come to terms will me no longer being a package deal.

You'll see my smile illuminating the deepest corners of my fears;
Nonexistent resistance to new challenges. 

I have realized that this is not where my story ends.








No comments:

Post a Comment