Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Poem Not Named Jessica..

Show me something beautiful;
Something that I want to be.
She is standing there;
Right in front of me. 

You eyes told me stories,
Deeper stories that you weren't quite ready to tell.
But that's OK, because when I first met you,
I was very much inside my shell.

I love the ways you would pick me up after a fall,
I promise you I will be here through it all.

Under the blankets,
Facing opposite directions in my sleepy haze,
We promised we would be America's Next Top Model one of these days..

Your voice grows fainter;
The sleepier you get.
But my memories keep flooding back.

I guess I am in your debt.
But that's not what makes you my friend.
Greater adventures for us are just right around the bend.

You are so beautiful.
So why can't you see it?
How about we switch places and you can be me?

We can trade places,
I think the first thing I would do is play dress up.
Because dying my hair blonde is always something I have wanted to do.

But I think it is best if I stay me.
And you
Stay.
You.

In the dark of the night,
Sometimes it is the first light of morning..
You would talk to me.
And we would account for all of our life mysteries.

You held me while I cried,
I shook and I remembered.
Sometimes I hate to remember,
But sometimes in the dark I let out a smile.
Because that remembering makes all my tears worth while..

This poem is not named Jessica,
It's interesting to think about where we once were..
I hope she knows..
I couldn't live this life without her.



No comments:

Post a Comment