Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I Can't Help Falling

It is days like these,
I wish I could share with you..
But then I remember,
You didn't ask me to.

It's scary how I sleepwalk right into your arms.

There are a million things I would like to say..
I'm sorry that I drove you away.

I look over my shoulder and I know exactly why; why you broke my heart and made me cry.

Was it my fault?
Is this really how our story is going to end?

Is it going to end with you knocking me to the floor?
The words you said shook me to the core.

I'm just trying to keep my head above water.

You left a hole in my heart.
There is a, "No Vacancy" sign scratched into the walls.
You didn't set the key under the mat.

Oh, no.

You threw the key at my face,
And broke down my door.
You grabbed all your clothes and pictures; so I will see you no more..

You covered your tracks so well that you disappeared.
But at 11:11 is still wish that you would show up here..

I dream that you come over to me and kiss me like it is fine.
You would then whisper to me,
"Don't worry, baby. I'm back. There is no one else I would want to call mine."

My visions don't end there no,
My mind is too cruel..

I spend whole days with you,
Living in my dream.

Then I'll lay by your side just like we used to.
You take me in your arms; so strong and safe.
But then I wake up.

I wake up,
And I squint up into the sunlight; looking for you.
But it seems that you don't even want me to.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful...sad, but beautiful. Than, so is the rain. Tears of heaven lass...tears of heaven

    ReplyDelete