Friday, April 20, 2012

Not A Moment Left For Me..

I cannot tell you how many times I have sat in an:
Auditorium,
Theater,
Or a concert hall.

Well,
Actually.
I can.
14.

How can I tell you that?
I kept all my tickets.

I would watch quietly and intently with a big smile on my face.
It was a smile of pride in my friend.
Because I knew that what they were doing was making them happy.
And I was happy to be there. 

I would cheer and scream.
I know you could hear me above the rest. 
After the show, I would usually give roses.
Because, I know I would want them..

But it seems...
There is not a moment left for me..


I have spent a thousand hours on:
A pool deck,
A soccer field,
Basketball bleachers,
And football stadium benches. 

Because, I love you.
And I would do anything for you.

I have gone in all types of weather.
I was freezing.
I was burning. 

But through it all,
I was cheering.

I would write your jersey number on my face, and make sparkling T-shirts.
I would sit in the grass with an Arizona tea in hand, music in my ears,
Wishing only for your success.
Waiting to yell, "Goooooallll!"

Yet, there doesn't seem to be a moment left for me...

I would give hugs and hold towels.
I would feel awkward at times, like I didn't belong.
But that isn't true.

Team members would watch me, the intruder.
The interloper. 
But they wouldn't know..
They wouldn't know that I know the same stories they do.
I may have even been apart of some.
I know things that no one else knows.

They don't know I'm the girl behind the scenes.
I'm the one ready to fix a broken heart..
Ready to prevent a fight...
Ready to be...
A lover.

I'm their biggest fan.


I would come to your house with soup when you were sick.
I would feed you when I knew you would be hungry,
I would hold you when I knew you would have a melt down any second..
I called to stop you from swallowing those pills..
..From pulling that trigger.
And I know you would do it for me...
I...
I know it..

And it hurts inside to write this..

Because sometimes I feel like,
There isn't a moment left for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment