Monday, June 17, 2013

We Get Bored So We Get Married

I contributed twenty-six cents to that Dr. Pepper,
That is now splattered across the floor. 
That's okay.
Remember that I'm not into keeping score.

Little pink envelopes are scattered in the glove compartment,
Each one containing a clue,
They were just pieces of a puzzle that you couldn't figure out,
In hot pink everything is written that I wish you knew.

This town is so small,
If there is not a thing to do,
We go to each other. 
Let's just hope I don't end up a mother. 

Life's too short,
I've seen too many people this month get buried,
We get bored,
So let's get married. 

Macaroni couches, 
Blankets I have saved for you.
Everything is a chain reaction,
I'm not very good with fractions.
 
 There's pain in my throat,
So you decide to make me hot tea.
Sugar in a Halloween cat cup,
My love for you is not letting up.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment