Monday, June 17, 2013

Same Hurt in Every Heart

Carnage is scattered around the six walls,
Dare not call them ceilings.
Candy wrappers coat the halls,
Trying to hide all the brokenhearted feelings. 

It just can't be that late,
But this is my final hour.
My mind must be playing tricks on me,
How did I end up in the shower?

You can't understand what happens to me,
These thoughts that creep in I just can't believe.
I take those whispers and crinkle them,
The shadows tell me not to let them get wrinkled.

There are 101 places that you need to see before you die,
Don't ask me because I really don't know why..
It starts inside and works its way out,
Too bad the lights are dying.

Sometimes my world catches on fire,
But the smoke is ice cold.
Getting one last kiss from my grandpa,
That would be worth more than gold.




No comments:

Post a Comment