Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pass Me A Note Sweetheart (Because I'm Always Here)

Alright.
Okay.
Let's burn some more bridges today.

I've fallen off the ledge,
I'm grasping onto two ropes.
One is pulling me up while I hold onto the other by the fingertips.
What happens when he cuts his own throat?

Sweetheart, what are you doing?
What...What are you doing to yourself?

Why can't you see who you are hurting?
You are hurting everyone, and you're pushing them away.
I'm picking up the casualties of people who are trying to save you.

I can't save you.
But I know you want to listen.
Do you want to hear my voice again?
God.. I'd sure love an answer. 

I can see you.
You're pale with a glow of lost in your eyes.
That's not how you see yourself. 
But, you're a mirror of what I once was and:

The
Mirror
Never
Lies.

I lay myself down with a strange person,
Very unfamiliar to me.
He was your best friend one though, right?

I think he came in somewhere between loving me and losing me.
You just want to replace me.

Pass me a note,
Because I know you think about me.

Do you feel bad?
Are you sad when you stop thinking about me?

Yes?
No?
Maybe?
So?

You're wrapped up in it.
And that is such a dangerous thing to do; nothing I can do.
I can stay pushed into the back of your mind.

But for how long?
 Everything has turned out so horribly wrong.
I've missed you ever since I decided that you were long gone.

I'm always here.
But that's something that you don't want me to be.
I'll just be that ghost of a best friend; lost in your own identity.  


No comments:

Post a Comment